Many entrepreneurs think carrying out an advertising campaign means simply creating an ad; however, they are mistaken. For advertising to yield the best results, it’s crucial to be well organized right from the start.
If you’re considering launching an advertising campaign specifically designed for your business, we recommend you get in contact with us.
The keys for a great advertising campaign
1. Campaign goal. Even though most of the time when we think about ‘goals’ we think of sales, the truth is that there are many other advertising elements to focus on. The most common elements include acquiring new clients, promoting current products and launching new products. You can also create an advertising campaign designed to improve brand awareness or to help associate a certain brand with certain feelings or emotions. Whichever your goal may be, it’s important to identify it before proceeding.
2. The target. Part of a campaign’s success is measured in this fundamental step of your strategy. If you have your target market/audience well-defined, it becomes much more feasible to accomplish your goals. Defining in detail those who you’re trying to reach will be essential in establishing the following points for your advertising campaign strategy: Age, sex, social class, marital status, education level, likes, habits and hobbies can all be helpful in correctly identifying your target audience.
3. Segmentation of the audience. Once you have clearly defined your target audience, the time will have come to segment the audience, dividing them into various groups based on the products or services you want to sell. You should put yourself into the shoes of your potential clients and answer questions related to sparking their interest. Is what you offer useful for them? Do they have the purchasing power to buy your product/service at the set price?
4. Means of advertising.There are many helpful tools at your disposal that can help you get your campaign’s message to your target segment. At this point, we need to define what are the most commonly used means of advertising and the different types of advertising.
Advertising on social medias. As the name suggests, advertising on social medias allows you to create ads on the social networks where you find your target audience; this means opening up a line of communication which allows you to easily reach your audience. The different formats and platforms available offer personalized design strategies which yield a high success rate.
– Email marketing: email marketing is another means of Advertising which could be of interest to your campaign. Although you can use it to acquire new leads (which could then result in potential clients), the use of its ‘loyalty formula’ generates incredible results. Did you know that getting a new buyer is 7 times more expensive than maintaining just one you already have active?
– Content Marketing: surely this type of campaign sounds familiar within the realm of advertising campaigns. However, there is a lot of confusion regarding what is meant by content marketing. In order to evade this confusion, we want to share a good definition from Content Marketing Institute: “Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.” Therefore, everything can start by the creation of blog content, but this content cannot be exclusively promotional; you have to add value to it as well. Moreover, keep in mind that there are four stages within the execution of content marketing: traffic generation, lead generation, lead nurturing and client generation.
– SEO & SEM: Though different, both SEO and SEM are often cause for confusion as well. SEO is the optimization of your website/blog content so that search engines position them well on organic (not paid) searches. SEM also includes optimization. However, in this case, the optimization is carried out in order to find the right ‘cost per click’ in order to capture the interest of your potential market. This is done through ads displayed on search engine networks.
5. Communication. The transmitted message of an advertising campaign is also a fundamental matter. Even though each company and each strategy are different, the copy should always be natural sounding, well organized, clear, concise, fluid and coherent. It may seem to be easy but, if you add to the fact that the message should also be brief (as to not bore your audience), the task only becomes manageable by experienced experts within the sector.
6. Design. As important as the message is, so too is the design. Fully relying on responsive websites and communications to incorporate the latest market trends, such as, Material Design, is your best option for winning over your audience; first by sight, and then by everything else you have to tell them. Sounds good, right?
7. Metrics and KPIs. Measuring is important in many different fields but, in the world of advertising, it’s absolutely crucial. If we don’t measure, we won’t know what’s going well nor what we could improve on. Therefore, in an advertising campaign, the metrics should make up an integral part of the process; only with the data we acquire can we know everything and act accordingly. Furthermore, we have to note the difference between general metrics and KPIs. Even though the latter do not offer metrics per se, they deal with to how to measure your company’s set strategic goals
Get in touch with our Chelmsford studio today to find out more.